Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, School of Art and Design offers courses which are unique to Switzerland, positioning itself within the field of artistic and design research with a creative focus on design, art and film. With its national and international network, high profile staff, well equipped workshops and lofty studios, the Department of Design and Art provides a professional environment with a variety of opportunities for personal development. The Department is one of six within the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, employing 1.600 staff and offering education to around 10.800 students.
The Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, School of Art and Design, study program Camera Arts – BA Visual Communication is inviting experienced candidates to apply as
Lecturer Post-Photography (35 %)
Per September 1st, 2018
• Teaching and coordination, focusing on the emerging field of Post-Photography
• Teaching of conceptual and practical competencies including innovative photographic media and image practices
• Project coaching of (graduating) students
• Development and coordination of projects on the nexus of post-photography and contemporary image practices and media, such as exhibitions, media lab productions, discourse
• Taking part in the professional advancement of the Camera Arts curriculum
• Organisational tasks
• You are a forward-looking post-photographic and visual storyteller / media professional with profound conceptual skills and a broad visual repertoire.
• Knowledge of relevant current discourses and experience with applied and artistic contemporary post-photographic media practices.
• You understand experimentation and research into and by means of post-photographic strategies as a social, conceptual and technical laboratory, in which you are able to critically and creatively apply this media potential.
• Academic degree in photography and/or visual communication, or related fields (MA, MFA, or PhD). A degree in didactics is favourable, or can be acquired within two years after employment.
• Experience in teaching at art and design schools and/or universities
• You have an active international network in the field of photography, media, design, art.
• Language skills in English and German (speech and writing) are essential. Non-German speaking candidates are expected to enhance their German language skills over time.
• You are team player.
We offer an exciting and challenging job within the fascinating and international field of post-photography and visual media in the context of design, art and society. The lecturer Post-Photography is working on cutting-edge and innovative developments in applied and artistic photographic and visual media and design, through teaching and open-minded exploration.
Being part of an engaged and collegial, transdisciplinary team that integrates education with innovative / progressive agendas. The employment date is September 1st, 2018.
More details concerning this position can be obtained by contacting Evert Ypma, course leader Camera Arts – firstname.lastname@example.org – or at hslu.ch/camera-arts and this site cameraarts.ch
The deadline for applications is May 4th, 2018. The first interview takes place on May 9th, 2018.
We look forward to receiving your online applications at hslu.ch/jobs (English applications are accepted).