Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, School of Art and Design offers courses which are unique to Switzerland, positioning itself within the field of artistic and design research with a creative focus on design, art and film. With its national and international network, high profile staff, well equipped workshops and lofty studios, the Department of Design and Art provides a professional environment with a variety of opportunities for personal development. The Department is one of six within the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, employing 1.600 staff and offering education to around 10.800 students.
In the context of the educational program connected to the Media Lab and online publication strategies, Camera Arts – BA Visual Communication at the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, School of Art and Design – is inviting experienced candidates to apply as
Artistic Staff, Camera Arts (40%)
Media designer for Transmedia Storytelling and Media Lab
Per March 1st, 2018, or other, according to availability.
• Teaching assistance, support and advice for students and teaching staff in projects regarding online media, responsive web, hybrid publishing, transmedia storytelling, apps and social media.
• Autonomous collaboration in visual and post-photographic media projects.
• As “creative technologist” within the context of the Media Lab, you are facilitating the conceptual and practical work of students and their exchange with other students, teaching staff and internal and external project partners.
• In collaboration with the course leader and staff, you are supporting the organizational development of the course with respect to exhibitions, events and transmedial publications.
• You are a forward-looking media professional.
• You understand experimentation and research into and by means of transmedial strategies as a social, conceptual and technical laboratory, in which you are able to critically and creatively apply this media potential.
• You are experienced and knowledgeable in using tools for online communication, screen design and hybrid publishing, aiming at developing open-ended transmedial formats.
• You have a basic knowledge of programming languages such as Processing, openFrameworks, Max/MSP or similar programming platforms for an experimental media practice.
• You have an MA in design or equivalent education or experience in experimental media.
• You have a keen interest in engaging with a dynamic project oriented environment, in which you can take responsibility, showing initiative and bringing a communicative mentality.
• You are a team worker.
• You have an international orientation, with verbal and written fluency in English and German, or the intention to learn German.
We offer an exciting and challenging job within the fascinating and international field of post-photography and visual media in the context of design, art and society. The artistic assistant’s tasks incorporate working on cutting-edge and innovative developments in transmedia and interactive design through research, teaching and communication.
The position of Artistic Staff at the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, School of Art and Design is usually limited to three years, with an optional extension to five years.
More details concerning this position can be obtained by contacting Evert Ypma, course leader Camera Arts – email@example.com – or at www.hslu.ch/camera-arts and this site cameraarts.ch
The deadline for applications is January 15th, 2018. We look forward to receiving your online applications at hslu.ch/jobs (English applications are accepted as well).